The project team helped 11 federal departments that provide in-person service to develop their accessibility plans for submission in December 2022, with the following findings:
- Federal staff responsible for accessibility in their departments (participated in the HMDA limited mobility presentations) were not necessarily involved in developing their department’s accessibility plan.
- Most departments that welcomed staff presentations on limited mobility by HMDA still left it out of their accessibility plan.
- Despite the project pointing out the importance of online information needed to plan visits for in-person services, none of the departments addressed this issue in their accessibility plan.
- In general, the accessibility plans produced were internally focused and not useful to customers wanting to access programs or services.
- The accessibility plans only provided for delayed email responses rather than in-person on-site assistance.